Key to Success
A study was conducted with 200 participants from the United States to assess their perception of 22 Super Bowl commercials. The participants watched the commercials from the comfort of their homes on the Wantent platform while being recorded by their webcams.
PHOTO RIGHT: HELLMAN'S
PHOTO RIGHT: HELLMAN'S
- T-Mobile's commercials with John Travolta received the most positive response from the viewers. This particular ad achieved the highest rating, which considered emotional engagement, empathy, and likability. The ads resonated with viewers, who appreciated the humor and pop culture references. The use of nostalgic allusions to films like Grease and Clueless was particularly well-received.
- Other popular ads included the Hellman's commercial featuring various celebrities and the Uber Eats commercial featuring music cameos.
- The Squarespace ad with Adam Driver was criticized for being boring, and not effectively highlighting the brand or its services.
- Respondents generally disliked the Avocado, Experian, M&M's, and DraftKings commercials.
- People found certain commercials boring, confusing, or cringy, and disliked the use of celebrities in commercials that promote gambling.
- The Fenty Beauty integration received significant attention without eliciting any negative reactions.
Top 10 Commercials
The top 10 Super Bowl commercials were ranked – based on their ability to emotionally engage viewers, create empathy, and be liked by the audience. T-Mobile Home Internet had the highest score of 106, followed by Pepsi Zero Sugar with a score of 96, and PopCorners with a score of 93. Other commercials that made it to the top 10 were Rakuten, Hellmann’s US, UBER ONE, The Busch Guide, Downy Unstopables, and BUD LIGHT HOLD. Overall, each of the top 10 commercials were successful in creating a positive emotional response from viewers and resonating with the audience.
Evaluation of elements perception
Almost all analyzed advertisements have a high level of visibility of elements on the packshot, which ensures clear reading of messages and product logos.
This is confirmed by heat maps that reflect the concentration of the gaze on the elements of the frame.
Want to see full report?
Contact us today to learn more about our approach and how it can help you maximize ROI and audience engagementRequest full report